Monday, March 31, 2008

100 Things about Me...

Here we go...I have felt challenged to attempt this post...A few of my blogger friends have done this, so I thought, "Why Not?"

100. I am short...5'1 and 1/2 inch to be exact. People laugh at me for adding the 1/2 inch...but it is there....so I don't see why that is so funny.
99. I am not happy with my weight. The reason for going to the YMCA 4 days a week, drinking water, and trying to count calories....I guess I feel better too...But I want the weight to change!
98. I didn't used to worry about what I ate...and I thought I was "fat" then...I wasn't fat, I was stupid.
97. Self esteem isn't one of my strong attributes....(as you can tell from the previous entries)
96. Sarcasm is...(my mom reads this blog, and she will agree with me, but doesn't think I should be proud of it...I can't seem to help it)
95. I wear a size 5 1/2 shoe, and I can get really cute shoes for a really good deal....Mary Kate and Ashley make the cutest summer shoes....=)
94. I think I like shoes so much because of the really small size....makes me smile...dumb, I know.
93. I am a nurse....and I don't like it...never have...I am not one of those " I always dreamed of being a nurse, so I could help people" kind of people...I chose my profession because there was no math in the curriculum....Sad, I know.
92. My kids don't think I am a "real nurse" anymore...because I work at a call center...I don't feel like a "real nurse" either, and I kind of like it that way....
91. I hope to eventually quit work, as a nurse, and stay home with my 3 children...I love them.
90. I have a small photography business, Still Moments Photography, and I love it...it is a dream come true for me....
89. I played volleyball for 5 years when I was in school...It was my favorite sport...
88. My coach would take me out when I got to the front row...had something to do with me being to short to spike the ball....Never understood that one...
87. I love music...lots of it...contemporary christian is my favorite, but I will listen to just about anything....
86. I was in love with Michael Jackson, Luke Duke, and Poncharella....in my younger days....I had their posters in my room...=)
85. I was a salesman as a child...I sold "Neighborhood Magazines" (that I made out of paper and staples...I wrote all the articles, of course!), Fruit roll up stand, even put on large stage productions, and charged admission...(ask my dad about this one...he wasn't too happy) Always an entrepreneur.
84. I hit a boy in elementary school, and had to sit out for recess...
83. I wouldn't eat my lima beans in kindergarten, and had to stand in the corner...My other teacher, whispered in my ear, and told me not to worry about it, and then she ate the lima beans...she holds a place in my heart.
84. My 2nd grade teacher sent me my wedding announcement from the newspaper laminated....almost 20 years after I had her....She was the best teacher ever!!!
83. I packed my lunch every day in middle school...
82. I long to have everything in my house organized...Everyone doesn't seem to be on the same page..but a girl can dream...
81. Sharpies make me happy...
80. So do highlighters, staplers, and most office equipment...Maybe I should have been a secretary.
79. I love coffee...with coconut creamer..it is heaven..
78. I drink coffee in the summer...not just winter...I love it at the beach...Hmmm..can imagine being there right now..
77. The beach is my favorite place in the world...It reminds me of how Great My God is...
76. I love the sand on my feet, it doesn't bother me in the least...
75. I love the sound of the water, while I am sitting on the sand just soaking it all in.
74. I love the sun...and being tan...it makes me happy..I know it isn't healthy...I can't help it...It probably has something to do with my Seasonal Affective Disorder.
73. I love getting a pedicure...I don't get them often, but I am due one...
72. I am on a budget..pedicure probably isn't in the budget...=(
71. It isn't easy, but it is changing my life....for the good.
70. I have 3 beautiful children...with no desire to have any more...I love my family Just as it is...
69. My pregnancy with Cade was the lowest low...I was depressed, miserable, and very sick...
68. Typing this, reminds me of how bad it was...
67. It is hard to believe that I would ever say this, but He is Worth every ounce of sickness I had...He is my angel...my baby.
66. When Mace was born they told me she had red hair...I didn't believe them...
65. She is my precious girl...and she is so much like me, it is almost scary...I love her so much.
64. I love to watch my children learn new things..it is amazing to me at how fast they pick things up....
63. Ian struggles with his school work...It has brought us closer to each other. I love him..I will be here no matter what...We will get through this...
62. I am a phone "screener"...I admitted it...If I don't want to talk...I don't answer....
61. I have the coolest cell phone...
60. I love new gadgets...phones, computer "stuff", jump drives...yes, I am a dork.
59. I love photography...Capturing memories to me is just part of my life...I want to be old and sitting in the nursing home with plenty of pictures to remind me of the "Best Times in my Life." I think I just shed a tear....
58. I love the color brown.
56. I love to get my nails done...but I sacrificed for the budget...I told you, we are on the ball!
55. Flip flop season is my favorite time of year...I have already been wearing them...My croc flip flops are my favorite....love them
54. I have been to Alaska...it was really nice place to visit...don't want to go back...
53. I have been lost, to the point of being really scared....
52. I have been sitting beside my child in the hospital for 7 long days...wondering if we would ever be normal.....again..
51. I have had some of the best friends in the entire world. I realized through circumstances, that all friendships don't last forever...even if we wish they would...
50. I don't know what I did before meeting James..I think we have been together forever....
49. I love spending time with our friends...It makes me happy...Friends are the family that God forgot to give us....
48. My sister lives in D.C. and I miss her...even though we argue sometimes....
47. I hate cats....
46. Yes, I have one...and she is kind of growing on me...I didn't think that would happen...
45. I have problems trusting people....seems like when you get hurt once...trust is just hard to come by...I am trying though...Praying about this one...
44. I like peanut butter and banana sandwiches...especially at the beach...
43. Diet Coke is my drink of choice....
42. I love the YMCA...I am so glad I have a membership....
41. I don't care to throw things away...anything....I love to be clean...James, he's the opposite...not on the clean part...the throwing things away...
40. I love James, more than he knows..I don't tell him enough, but he is my best friend in all the world...He is everything to me, and I love him with all of my heart...
39. We will celebrate our 14th Wedding Anniversary this August....
38. He rented out the entire second floor of Calhoun's in Knoxville, to propose to me...he is such a romantic....and he also wrote me a poem...so sweet...
37. I love my laptop....I am on it way too much...
36. I still have my Smurf sleeping bag....
35. I love to decorate my house....I tend to be crafty that way...
34. I love to scrapbook....paper and digital...
33. I don't wear a watch...there is always someone around that knows what time it is
32. I don't like to go to the dentist...I actually hate it...would rather give birth...
31. I have hypothyroidism.....it is a large pain....
30. I am pretty crafty...love to paint, draw, design, you name it...I enjoy it...wish I could craft all the time.....
29. I am doing better at cooking....the budget once again...
28. I am a quick typer...
27. I have belonged to my church my entire life....never been to another one...and I love it...It is my extended family...I don't see how people function without a church family...they mean the world to me...
26. I love to play Domino's...it is fun...I am not a game person..so this is big for me...Thanks Tina!
25. I love to swim....it is my favorite summer past time...My mom has a pool...so I am there a lot.
24. I can't stand the person on the side of the road advertising Little Caesar's Pizza...Makes me not want to ever eat there again....
23. I like Ellen...don't judge me...She is absolutely hilarious.....
22. I like tattoos...even have had the thoughts of getting a small one...if I reach my weight loss goal...Don't judge me for that either.....If you do, just don't tell me =)
21. I support my daughter's dream...She wants to be an actress, and I don't want to stand in her way....
20. I think we should all Dream Big.
19. We can do anything through Jesus Christ....Phill.4:13
18. I pray for my children....
17. I have 2 earrings in one ear, 3 in the other....
16. I love short hair...and crazy color....
15. I can't make decisions....when asked on the spot...I am a "it doesn't matter girl"
14. I love my camera...it is one of my best friends...goes every place with me....
13. I don't like to talk on the phone... even though that is part of my job.
12. I love to read...
11. My house needs a roof...badly...working on that one...
10. My favorite show is American Idol...love to watch Miami Ink, Dinner:Impossible, and a few other learning channel shows...
9. I used to schedule my college classes around Days of our Lives (hence the name of my blog)
8. I also used to lay out of class in college to lay out in the sun....shocking, I know...
7. I have never tasted alcohol, or smoked cigarettes, or tried any type of drugs...haven't ever wanted to....
6. I am glad that I haven't...something to be proud of....
5. I love my parents...so thankful for them...
4. I rented my wedding dress..and am glad I made that decision....
3. I love my Lord and Savior...I want to grow closer to him...daily...
2. I would love to go on a mission trip and share Christ with others....
1. I love to blog...you would have never guessed...now would you? Considering I sat here and typed out 100 things about myself =)

Hope you learned some things about me....I challenge you to do the "100 things" post if you haven't done it yet....Let us get to know you better.....

8 comments:

Tanja said...

Yay! Your list was so fun. I love the "I wasn't fat. I was stupid" line. Been there! I laughed about you going into nursing because math wasn't a part of the degree. Girl, you missed your calling. Journalism also required little more than basic math... ta da... photography! But you got there anyway. Also loved #85. My kids tried to charge Bruce admission to one of their shows, too. Guess what? He haggled them as low as they'd go and then said he had no money, so they let him see the show for free. See? This is what it's like living with Bruce. Ahh, one more unsolicited comment. Kudos to you on #3. Bruce, too. I envy that, especially when Clay asked me if I ever smoked or drank alcohol. Spencer and Allison haven't asked yet. And thank the good Lord Clay hasn't asked any more probing questions. Don't quote me on this, but I really consider lying.

BethAnne said...

I am loving the list! Math? Hate it! In college I did make A's in math, but mostly because I hung around smart people. I drink coffee all year round, but hate coconut. I am 5'2" and 1/2 - people tease me for the 1/2 ---I am 1 inch taller than you. Ihave always thought I was fat - sometimes I really was, but when I weighed 112 I wasnt, but I still thought I was. Sarcasm is my way of getting through life. I personally loved Bo Duke and Ponch (although he is a creep now). I heart the beach! We have so much in common, but I just have one question........what is a jump drive?

Anonymous said...

That was such a great post!!! #17 I think..I have the same..I never thought anyone else would...and along with the little ceaser person, don't forget the crazy Liberty Tax..on the side of the road...Drives me crazy!!!! I learned alot! I admire the Never drink or Smoke or Drugs, you should be VERY PROUD, as well as your parents!! That was wonderful, when Im off I will try to post...Dont think Im interesting enough to get a 100 but I will try! BTW I love the new background! Looks Terrific!

Nicole said...

Your blog looks much better now! Proud of you for figuring it out! As I was reading yours and thinking about doing one myself, I have no idea how to pick different things since we have so much in common!! I guess I will try but I am sure it is time consuming so who knows when it will get done!!

Anonymous said...

awesome stuff girl! love the background too!
love ya!
christy h. :)

Tam said...

just popped over from another blog and WOW I can not ever sit down to do that 100 things list. I have been tagged like a 100 times to do it but never ever do...YOURS was great!

Unknown said...

Loved reading all the things about you. It is always interesting to see all the things you may not know about a person. You are an amazing mom ---- your family is blessed to have you and we are blessed to know you.

I know you love beach....will you ever forget our beach trip a few years back. Oh was it a doozy or what. I am sure you have all the crazy details written down, but it was truly a memorable trip for so many reasons. Love trips down memory lane........

Diana

Tam said...

I love Sharpies also...what is that all about! I love when target marks them down right after school starts. I love to buy the big set with all the colors!!!! PINK highlighters is something else I love! I was a secretary in my life before boys! lol