Friday, February 29, 2008
I won’t fall
I won’t fall as long as you’re around me
Thursday, February 28, 2008
She asked me the question, "Does your phone have a sleep mode?" Hmmmmm...I don't know if it does or not...I am not sure about the concept of "sleep mode"...so i say, "I have no idea....what does that mean?" She continued to explain that if the screen goes completely black, which mine does, it has a feature called 'sleep mode' which means that it isn't using the battery during this time....Hmmmmm....once again....So, maybe the coolest phone in the world doesn't have the super dee duper battery that I thought....It just knows how to reserve it's power!!!
Sleep Mode - Designed to conserve battery life, this mode automatically turns off a terminal after it has been unused for a specified period of time. The unit is reactivated when the keypad is touched.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
- Chewing through the heat pump wiring and we had to replace it.....=(
- Chewing the bumper of my van
- Chewing the bumper of James' truck
- Shredding my favorite porch swing in the ENTIRE world all over my back yard.
- Chewing the armrest on the bench on my porch
- Running like a gazelle, in the horse pasture behind our house-I guess she wanted to see who was faster....
- Peeing all over the floor in the Vet's office-more than once.
- Crying all night for almost a week when we brought her home from the pound...It was like having another child.
- Taking her to Mamaw's house to play--her favorite place was in Mamaw's birdbath...
- Racing Ian all the way around the house
- Letting Macey ride on her back and never gets tired of the attention the kids give her
- Eating an entire Large rawhide bone in a matter of 24 hours..
- Turning her house around...the way she wants it...not the way we do....
- Chewing on the railing to the deck
- Playing with coyotes a few nights in the wee hours of the morning.
- Swimming in the lake(one of her favorite things to do)
- Eat tablescraps from our neighbors(we wondered why she was gaining wt. and the neighbors were feeding her-we had to put a stop to that)
- Being a wonderful companion, friend, and pet to my 3 precious children
- Being a protector of our home and family
- We LOVE you girl....
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Monday, February 25, 2008
Can cooking oil go bad?
The best way to store oils is to keep them tightly sealed in the dark on a cool shelf or, if such a location isn't available, in the refrigerator. Canola oil is not as unsaturated as many other vegetable oils (it has a large percentage of monounsaturated fats), so it may be kept on the shelf, unopened, for up to a year.
Once opened, however, you should use up an oil in four to six months.
This has been a whirlwind of a weekend....We started off with a few episodes of random vomiting on Friday...That is not something we like to deal with at the Allen house...Believe me....I am sure no one does...but especially me....Unsure if it is a virus, we chose to just hang out at home on Friday....But that is just the beginning of our weekend...
WCQR is a christian radio station in our area--and they have been advertising for the past few weeks for an upcoming Actors, Model, and Talent Search in our area...The name of the company is AMTC. They are a christian based company that searches for "new faces" in the entertainment industry....I know, I know...some of you are thinking that I am crazy...but when you have a child that "dreams big"...I just had to take Macey to these auditions...We have done many auditions in the past....Macey is a theatre junkie...She got the bug a couple of years ago...and hasn't slowed down since...She is only 8 years old, and constantly dreaming of being an actress....She will tell you though--her back up plan is to be a teacher...So the girl does have a head on her shoulders....Believe me...But these auditions were in the Johnson City mall...on Saturday...after the vomiting incident....So..to go or not to go...that was the question....
"Macey...those auditions we were going to go to are this morning...Do you feel like going?"
"YES!!!!Let's go!!" She said as she got up from a horizontal position on the couch, under a big blanket...She was READY....
So, we did it...We went...When we got there (it was just me and Macey because James had to go to Upward) we were shocked at the big turnout...Auditions were from 11-3 and people were EVERYWHERE....We got there right at 11...and Macey ended up being number 26 in line...So not so bad....They had a stage set up in front of an AMTC national scout...and then the "crowd" in the mall....Macey was nervous while we were watching the people in front of her audition...but the closer to the front of the line she got...the more determined she was...She had already made a couple of friends in the line...talking and smiling...giggling...She was so ready...Anyway...when it was her turn...she walked right up on the stage...head held high...and absolutely blew me away!! I was so proud of her....The had a small 4-5 line commercial script for Twizzlers candy that she had to read...and then she "modeled"....She did amazing...Yes, she is my child...but this is what the scout said to her....They did one on one notes after the auditions... You came down off of the stage and spoke with the scout personally...This is what they told Macey...."You are absolutely ADORABLE! I could see you on TV right now...Disney loves children like you because you are so petite and small..but you are actually 8 years old!!!! Blows my mind!! I loved you!!" Then she proceeded to talk to me a few minutes and invited Macey back for a call back that night(Sat) and 6:30....Macey was ecstatic....So we made a few phone calls to Daddy, Mamaw, and Christy...to let them know the results....and we headed home so Daddy could go back with us that night.....The call back on Sat. night was only for the parents and the person who was called back...so we needed someone to watch the boys for us...so Christy graciously offered to watch the boys for us, as we headed back to JC....This was a little informational meeting...kind of letting us know what would be going on if Macey was asked to attend the AMTC convention in Orlando FL....They told us there was still one more callback to go before the final decision would be made...and they would call us on the phone sometime before Sunday afternoon...if Macey made it or not.....So still more waiting.....No calls...Saturday night...Macey kept asking...Have they called yet??? Not yet, I would tell her....She fell asleep on the couch that night, very disappointed, thinking she had been cut....
On to Sunday morning....I was laying in the bed, right before I got up..thinking to myself...She didn't make it...and it is going to kill me to tell her....BUT we have had dissapointments like this in the past...and I know that they are good learning experiences...ect...It is still hard to tell her....But I decided something then and there....I am going to pray about this and how to handle it the appropriate way....So, I did....
Then I got up, went into the kitchen to start getting some breakfast ready for the kids...when the phone rang...I answered it, and it was the talent scout...
I was speechless....I had just prayed and prepared myself to talk to my daughter about yet another "No" and then this happened....God is in this...I feel it...Because if he wasn't, well, we just wouldn't be doing it....that is the honest truth.....So to keep from making this post any longer....James and I went and met with the scout one more time, Sunday afternoon......and on July 1-7, Macey and I are going to Orlando, Fl. for her to be a part of one of the most sought after Conventions in the business.....Is is scary???? YES!!!!!! But exciting too...She starts acting classes and workshops to get "ready"for the convention...next Saturday...They are serious about helping these kids get prepared for the week in Orlando.....
So, I know this has been a long post....I warned you....But it is still one of my ABC challenge posts....so you guessed it..."M" is for Macey....my precious daughter....I am so proud of you girl...and I know that no matter your size, your age, or anything else....that you can do anything you put your mind to!!!! You proved it this weekend!!!! Remember, With God ALL things are possible.....I love you!!!!
But I wanted to do a special post this morning for one of my good friends. It is her birthday today....She is one of the best friends I have...We don't talk everyday, we don't get together near as much as I would like for us too...but we still can just pick up the phone and pick up right where we left off....She is a very special lady that works full time and is raising 3 kids in this crazy world of ours....So, Nicole, I hope you have the Best Birthday EVER!!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Asia'h Epperson...her story is phenomenal...Her daddy was killed in a car accident while she was on her way to AI auditions....and she has been a powerhouse since day one....She did an awesome job last night....my favorite of the girls..... Michael Johns....a young man from Australia...His voice is unbelievable....I just loved his performance last night.....My favorite of the guys......Who is your favorite American Idol contestant so far????
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
The following is a devotion that I loved...about a Recipe for Friendship
A Recipe For Friendship by Julia Bettencourt
Sisters In Christ Friendship Recipe
- Shortening - Provides texture. Our fellowship and friendship with our sisters in the Lord can add much depth and texture to our lives. We blend together in unity as part of the body of Christ.
- Sugar - Adds sweetness. Our fellowship with our sisters adds such a sweet taste to our lives. If we didn't have sugar in our cookies, we'd sure miss it. The same is with our fellowship with our sisters. We can't leave it out of our lives.
- Eggs - Holds ingredients together. Sisters in the Lord are someone to lean on. We are held together by fellowship with them. We are stronger because of them, their prayers, and their love in the Lord. We have a special bond in Christ.
- Vanilla - Adds flavor. Sisters add that flavor we need. They give us that extra sensation. Without friends and fellowship we become kind of bland.
- Flour - Adds substance. We need the substance a sister in the Lord can add. They give us many things by way of mentoring us when we don't even know it. Their shared testimonies and way they live their lives has an impact on us.
- Baking Soda - Leavens. Leavening agents in baking helps to lighten the dough. Friendship with our sisters in Christ lightens our burdens through their prayer and encouragement.
- Salt - Enhances flavor. We know that friendships add flavor and just when we need it, they help improve the tastefulness and quality of our lives. Friends are the type of people that know just what we are going through and are there when we need them.
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips - - The kind of chocolate chips we normally add to our cookies is semi sweet. Our sister friends tell us what they feel and think and that's okay. They can be honest and truthful to us. "Iron sharpeneth iron" (Proverbs 27:17).
- Nuts...Optional - Just a little craziness in a sister friend is great! Sometimes a little zaniness in our friends can be just the ingredient we need.
Conclusion:Friendships take a lot of time and effort to bake up but they are worth it when we sense that sweet aroma and special bond that they bring. Friends that have Jesus in common will have lasting relationships, not just here on earth, but will dwell with Christ together throughout eternity.
"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24.