Saturday, March 15, 2008

God is Good

God is Good. His hand is in everything in our lives, and sometimes we don't even realize that..Or, I guess we just tend to forget that he is in control...Many of you know that Ian has been struggling with school..Reading comprehension to be exact...He just doesn't enjoy reading, and therefore it is difficult for him...Fifth grade has really been a challenge...He isn't failing or anything, just really struggling....We have been fervently praying for him for quite a few months now..I have shared my concerns with many of you...especially my "teacher friends"....Well, this is amazing to me...I voiced my concerns to Cade's pre-k teacher, who is a good friend of mine...she told us about one of the teacher's in the school, who tutors in reading comprehension. We have since talked with her, and she is going to be tutoring Ian 3 days a week after school, for an hour and a half....So, she and I have been emailing back and forth for the past couple of days...She is working on a plan so she can help Ian in the best possible way...This was part of the email that I recieved from her this morning....
"Amy (Cade's Pre-K teacher) explained that Ian has lots of prayers behind him. I will be contributing my prayers as well. If you aren't already doing so, pray for Ian's teachers to be able to figure out how to best help him. During a family health crisis, I was praying fervently for my mother. A dear friend reminded me that I needed to pray just as much for the doctor. I was reminded that, although God can instantly heal, He can heal through others as well. Have a most wonderful weekend! "
How great is our God!! He has placed a godly woman in our lives who is ALREADY praying for my son...I was in tears when I read the email this morning...So, I wasn't going to share about Ian and his learning "issues" in detail, because he doesn't want me to...but I had to share what My God is doing in Ian's life....We truly feel blessed...Will be sure to keep you updated on his progress....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is just awesome.....

Diana

Jennifer said...

Yes Ma'am our God is soooo Good!
His love is boundless.

That's wonderful about his tutor already praying for him.
Prayer most definitely changes things!!

I will include Ian and his teachers/tutor in my daily prayers.
I'm sure he will do great!!

Tanja said...

I always think it's so amazing when something like that happens. And then I wonder why I was so amazed, like I didn't expect God to do great things. I am so guilty of selling Him short. I'm so happy you got that e-mail. I know that just lifted your spirits. And what a difference, too, for Ian to know there's prayer backing him up, from the very person who is helping him out. That's just cool.

Melanie said...

That is AWESOME!!!! I will keep him and the teacher in my prayers as well!!! Have a great night!!!
Love, Melanie

Anonymous said...

OUR GOD IS GREAT! This is an awesome, answered prayer! I will continue to pray for Ian and his teachers daily...it will get better for him.
Love you!
christy hite :)

Anonymous said...

OUR GOD IS GREAT! I will continue to pray for Ian and his teachers daily! It will get better for him!
Love you!
christy hite :)

Cheri said...

WOW! Seems we have a lot in common. My 6th grade daughter also struggles with reading comp. It has been hard for many years. But I do think things are going much better this year.

So awesome that his tutor prays for him!