Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Little of This and That

This post isn't about anything all that important...Just wanted to first of all, comment on American Idol last night....David Cook was AMAZING!!! He sung a "rocker" version of "Billie Jean" by Micheal Jackson, and it was perfect...Loved it...He is one of my favorite's of the season....He reminds me a lot of Chris Daughtery, who was my favorite of season 5!!! I think he will be in the top 2...maybe even win it...that is "Cassie's prediction"....=) I am an American Idol Junkie...for those of you who don't even know these people, I am sorry...but it is the one TV show, that I look forward to every year....I have even been to the American Idol on Tour concert, the past 2 years in a row...in Washington, DC...I told you I have it bad....That was my little AI spill, I was just so glad that Amanda got voted off last week...I didn't think I could stand another week of her strange faces, and her "wanna be" rocker voice....She just didn't have it, to me...(this is just my opinion, but remember this is MY blog)


I have spent the last 24 hours preparing for a consignment sale, that I am consigning some of the kids clothes in...It is this weekend...and it is called Heavenly Hand Me Downs Children's Consignment Event....I am attempting to get rid of quite a bit of the kid's clothes, toys, ect....So if anyone is interested in shopping at this consignment sale, email me, and I will get you the information...Sounds like it is going to be a pretty good sale...Looking forward to it....

Last night, Macey and I cooked dinner, and she did a lot of it herself...We really enjoyed cooking together, and I think she was pretty proud of herself...We made cheesy chicken rolls, homemade mashed potatoes, corn, and brownies for dessert!! Yes, for those of you who know our potato "secret" (we use instant mashed potatoes) We made real, homemade mashed potatoes....and they were YUMMY!!! Kevin and Christy were shocked that we used instant, and after our homemade ones last night...we may be done with instant...unless, we are pushed for time....So our budget, has got us in the kitchen, cooking together...I told you that this class was changing our family..I am so thankful for this class...We have paid off a number of debts, we have saved $1000 dollars for our savings account, and we are on our way to becoming debt free....If we keep on the right track we should debt free by 2013....including our home and cars...which will mean I will be debt free before I turn 40!! That is AWESOME!!!

Well, I am getting off of here...We are making an attempt at cleaning out the garage today....going to get a few more things together for this sale...Hoping to make some money to buy the kids some new spring and summer clothes....We are heading to the Y this morning....to work out first(wanna get this weight off before bathing suit season)....Hope everyone has a great day...

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Sounds like an awesome class you guys are taking regarding money... and how cool that it is also inspiring you to work with your little ones in the kitchen! What class is it? One of the Crown Financial perhaps?? We also have a desire and plan for becomming debt free ASAP! Glad you stopped back by my blog. I'm going to put yours on bloglines so that I can check back in more often.
Hope you guys have a great week!

~cassie~ said...

Hey Mary Beth, the class is Financial Peace University, by Dave Ramsey...Check it out at DaveRamsey.com...It has been an amazing class. We love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming Debt free...I chose a couple years ago to do this, and it's amazing to see how much money you were spending!!!! Dave Ramsey is an amazing man,...who thru struggles of his own, and his own "Financial Peace" are making it work for others...God Bless...

Leeann said...

Wow! You are amazing! I am very interested in your debt free plan. What an amazing relief that would be!
I agree with you AI evaluation. He did great!