Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Watch out Middle School...Here we Come!



Well, the dreaded event is over...and believe it or not...I tolerated it well....I only shed a couple of tears....=) I was actually pretty proud of myself....Ian looked so handsome ...They had to wear a shirt and tie...and he didn't even seem to mind at all...He was so excited about graduation...He even told me a few minutes ago...that it felt really good to graduate...and he was looking forward to middle school....

That does a mom's heart good....Life changes, and so do the circumstances that we are in....I still have 2 other children in elementary school...but my oldest, my first born is moving on in his life...It is hard to fathom...hard to believe...I can remember just like it was yesterday that his kindergarten teacher was holding him as he was crying his eyes out because I was leaving him...sucking his thumb...holding his Daddy's ear...and now middle school....There will be many more changes in our lives....high school...driving...girlfriends....jobs...college...moving out....all in the future....but one day I will be facing those things....remembering today...thinking it seems like just yesterday he was graduating from elementary school....So, I plan on enjoying the moment....I have prayed a lot about things I have been dealing with in my life, and the lives of my children...and we have to choose to enjoy the NOW!!! Because we can't get it back....and that is what I plan to do....So, like I titled this post...."Watch out Middle School...Here we come!!!" =)

Of course I couldn't end this post without a few shots of the guy I love so very much.....Mr. Ian...I am so proud of you....Congratulations!!!! (Many of you know that Ian has struggled quite a bit with school this year, we received report cards today....ALL A's and B's!! Great Job Ian!)
Here is a shot of the 5th grade class singing, "You Raise Me Up"...
My Big guy...I made this collage for him...I am going to print one and frame it for him to put in his room...=) I love photoshop....

I added a You Tube video of Jordin Sparks, This is My Now...I was listening to this song the other day....and it really touched me...Kind of made me think...Helped me realize...This is MY now....I love you Ian!!! Congratulations!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww....He's a big boy! So Handsome.....You must be SOOOOOOOO Proud!!!!!!! Love your outfit, but You are so pretty anyways!!! All the graduations means....Summer is HERE!!!!

Genny said...

Having someone head off to middle school is just a few years off for me! How time flies. Congrats on your son's graduation. Cute pictures. And thanks for putting my button on your site!
Genny

Nicole said...

Shew...I am glad I have one more year before I have to deal with this!!! Ian looks so handsome...I still picture him as a 5 year old playing tball though! :)

Jennifer said...

Tell Ian CONGRATULATIONS from the Foxes!
It's hard to believe he will be in middle school!!
He looks very handsome in his shirt and tie =-)
That's GREAT that he wound up with A's and B's this time a round on his report card.

Also, those pictures of his baptism were so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Congradulations Mr. Ian! I am so proud of you! You have done so well... I can't wait to see what next year holds for you. We are going to have a great summer...i am so excited! Love you guys!

Amie Mumpower said...

Congratulations Ian!!! I can still remember you being so little. We need to get together before he gets to high school! haha

Anonymous said...

Cassie, you are looking great! keep up the great work...i definately can tell you are losing weight!! YOU LOOK GREAT!!
love you girl!

kristi said...

Haley is having her fifth grade graduation today....I hope I can get through it without crying!
How about that American Idol???? Very exciting.

Lilypad Mom said...

He looks so grownup, and so proud of himself. Although I'm sure not even half as proud as you are of him.

Leeann said...

Yay for Ian! I don't even want to think about the day that my children go to middle school.
I'll have to see how you survive!