Monday, August 11, 2008

This Morning was Hard

Yes...Cade has already went to two days of Kindergarten....But this morning was our first attempt at riding the bus....Due to having kids at two different schools...Riding the bus in the morning is part of our attempt at making life easier for a night shift mommy....=) Cade was scared. I have always been able to make him feel safe and secure...I can put my arms around him, and he knows how much I love him. But this morning was different. I still hugged him and told him I loved him...but he still had to face his fear. Regardless of what I said. Without me. He still had to let go of my hand, and take a step forward in his little life...without me by his side. I didn't cry. But I thought about it. Macey took his hand, and "took over my role" so to speak...She took his hand, and guided him up the steps to the bus, with big tears rolling down his face. They turned down the aisle of the bus, out of my sight. The bus door closed. They are on their way. This morning, as I sit in the quiet of an empty house, I want to thank the Lord for blessing me with a wonderful family. I want to ask you Lord to be with my children while they are away from me, guide them in their each and every step they make. Help them to remember to put you first in all that they do. Our God is so good.

9 comments:

Tanja said...

Bruce and I "discuss" this regularly. He wants me to let the kids ride the bus in the a.m. I resist. I plan on driving them until we have the split of kids between elementary and middle school... or until I go back to work... whichever comes first. They ride the bus home... although S and A haven't done that yet because they are still on half days and the buses don't run then, so I pick them up. It's just so hard to let them grow up!

Anonymous said...

Cassie, those we're the most sweetest photo's...Cade & Macey will forget that day over the years, but you can always remind them....Macey is such a great big sister!

BethAnne said...

Having and older sister to ride the bus with sure helps. I have yet to let Lake ride the bus to school........I have issues with letting my kids grow up - ugh! Most of the kids at his school (small school - only 200 kids) do not ride the bus, so there hasnt been any real pressure yet.

As far as New York, I highly recommend it at Christmas time. I am not a big fan of the big apple (scary to me at night for some reason), but I went at Christmas time one year and it was really fun.

If you move to Tybee, can we come and stay for free? We dont eat that much (well, the rest of my family doesnt) and I promise to help you clean house......;-) If it were up to me, we would move to Destin - right on the beach, the problem is that we dont have an extra $10 million laying around.....too bad....looks like the Tri-Cities will have to remain home to us.

Nicole said...

Cute...I am so thankful that Jett has Davis with him on the bus...for this one year at least. I used to worry SO much about Davis on it alone. It is so hard to be a mommy...

Anonymous said...

oh, i have tears again. i don't know how you do this! Macey is the best bis sister ever! She makes everything so much easier for him!

love all of you guys,
me again!

Anonymous said...

This made me cry! I cannot believe how fast they grow up. Cade truly is blessed to have such a great big sister. I know that on some days mine would give his eye teeth to have a sibling to look after. I love the pictures. Happy Birthday Ian!!!

Love you all,
Lisa

Melanie said...

Great photos...You do such a great job. Love the one of their hands. Sweet. She seems like she is such a sweet big sis!

AshNAlMom said...

My how that little boy of yours just tugs at the heart. Tell Miss Macey she needs to give Allie some BIG SIS directions. Allie would have left Ashley at the end of the drive, just to make sure she sat with one of her friends.
Call me when you want to head over to Justice!!

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest and it make me cry!! Our kids are soo big. Keep in touch and let me know how things are going for you guys!! Have a great day. KIM