Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tybee Island, Part One

Our vacation to Tybee Island was a wonderful one....We had a great time with our friends, the Hite's, and a relaxing vacation on the island of Tybee....I am already making plans for our move....I could open a beach photography business, and sell the van, and ride bikes to get where we need to be.....The quaintness of this island would be a wonderful place to live....I have decided....=) A small local grocery store where everyone knows you, a homemade ice cream shop...that had the best ice cream James swears he has ever had....Savannah Mud....swimming with marine life....sun...sand...and good friends...Who needs more?


We arrived to the island on Saturday....to a beautiful condo...called Windfall by the Sea....The lady whom we rented from was so nice...We arrived to fresh baked cookies, and cut flowers on our table....That was a first for all of us....The condo was so clean, and the balcony was perfect....a large table and chairs, and a hot tub, and couch.....Plenty of room for all of us to enjoy our home away from home....Everyone had a bedroom....one for both couples, and a bedroom for the kids...with enough sleeping space for everyone to have a bed....and their own bathroom....at a reasonable price...Can't beat that....The drive wasn't bad at all....We arrived in about 7 hours....and when we got there and got all of our things put away...Christy and I headed to the grocery store, while the guys stayed in the condo with the kids....We made the desicion to cook dinner half the time and eat out half the time....So we went and bought groceries for 10 people....The check out guy laughed and asked if we were thirsty...considering we purchased over 50 bottles of water....=) We settled in, put everything away, and got ready to have an awesome week at the beach.....


Sunday was James birthday....I always get to spend my bday at the beach...but not this year...It didn't work out that way...But while Christy and I were at the grocery store...we got James a cake and a card....so we could surprise him....After spending the day on the beach, James got to pick the restaurant we ate at and he picked Uncle Bubba's Oyster House...It was so good...(It is Paula Deen's Uncle's restauraunt) Here is a pic of us waiting to be seated.....After dinner we went back to the condo for cake and cards...Here is a shot of James reading his cards... I love this picture of the kids loving on James....They sang Happy Birthday to him...and he smiled the whole time......Here is Christy taking pictures of the kids being crazy too....They were so silly.....After cake...our team of "Crab Hunters" hit the beach...with our head flashlights, and buckets in hand....The kids had a BLAST hunting for crabs at night....We did this quite a few nights while we were at the beach...but none of them topped our first outing....Kevin gave everyone a nickname....There was Ian.....otherwise know as "Wus Man"(he was scared of the crabs), Christy....."The Crabinator"(She caught crabs with her bare hands and put them in the bucket--unbelievable!).....Emily"COBD"(catcher of Big Daddy-The Biggest crab in all the world).....Cassie "Navigating OSHA Girl"(I have safety issues...as many of you already know...and I was always aware of how close we were to the condo during our nightly walks.....) Macey was "Frizzolicious" for obvious reasons....; ) Needless to say...we laughed the entire time we were walking....and we got a bucketfull of creatures.....Good times...Good times....I will post more about our wonderful vacation tomorrow......This may take me 2 or 3 posts.....so just bear with me....

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Okay I would totally not catch a crab on my own...love to eat them but not catch them! Tell James Happy (belated) Birthday!!! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you guys had a great time. It sounds like the place you were at was fabulous.
I can remember catching crabs and digging for clams when I was younger in Massachusettes. It is an adventure. But the best part is eating the delicious catch. I can still taste those clam bakes.
Tell James belated Birthday wishes.
Dena

Fran said...

Crabs totally freak me out. I will watch. I will not touch! :)

kristi said...

I love to look at your pictures! It looks like you guys had a great time. My family would love to vacation there.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful vacation. Travis and I visited Tybee Island when we lived in Macon. We were about 2 1/2 hours away from Savannah and spent Valentine's Day weekend there one year. It was beautiful even in February. That was one good thing about Macon - how close it was to the beach. So glad you all had a great time.

Diana

Tanja said...

That sounds like so much fun... I'm packing my bags. And you know I'm no beach bunny. We saw crabs on the beach at night at OBX. Freaky little boogers.

Anonymous said...

Those we're so good! and might I add, those Miner lights the kids have...Hmmm I wonder where those came from? Hehehe! I might have just pulled them for Mr.Allen myself!