Monday, September 1, 2008

Holiday? Maybe For Some...

That is a true statement for all health care professionals...There isn't such a thing as a holiday...period...People are always getting sick, and just because it is a holiday-just doesn't change that fact...So, are you getting the point that I have to work today...or that is..tonight..Yes..I do..I am actually in the middle of a long stretch of 6 nights...crazy, I know..But I did it to myself...just trying to help out a fellow co-worker...Trying to look at it that it will just be a little extra cash to go towards the Allen Roof Fund....

I have had quite a few things going on in the past week or so..that I would have loved to blog about...but just haven't found the humor in it all yet...I think, to blog something, you have to be able to laugh about it...(that is, if it is a bad thing) and I just haven't seemed to reach that point yet...So, thought I would clue you in to what has been going on in our "Not So Perfect" little world....

The Roof...Yes, I am going to mention this subject again...Many of you laugh at us, when we mention the "roof issue"...I am sure it is funny to many of you..To clue those blog readers, who don't live in our area, in to our situation...Here it is...in a nutshell...We started an addition to our house...3 years ago...a garage, master bedroom, playroom, and a storage room....We were so excited about it...We got involved with some "not so honest" contractors, that promised to do a certain amount of the work, and up and left to Ohio, in the middle of the job...leaving it unfinished....No, I am not joking....So, we had to find someone else to finish the work we had contracted out to them..No one could do the job, for the price they had quoted us...So, we had to pay a lot more to get this part of the addition finished.....So, where we are now...After taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, we don't want to go into debt to finish this project...so we have been saving...(this picture is old..but believe me...nothing has changed)Ok, last week...it rained...a lot...Our existing roof needs replacing...we know this...we have had tarps on our roof-in 2 different places-for a few months now...Back to the rain...the tarp had dry rotted due to the sun...So, we are leaking...again...Off to Wal-mart-new tarp-leak is ok-for now...Can you see why I am not a happy camper? James has been working crazy hours, and we just can't seem to get together to get this HUGE problem resolved....So, There it is...One of my many problems right now...Leaking roof...(see the tarp?) Yes...It is just wonderful...

Number two...Child that is making me crazy...That would be Cade...Getting in trouble at school for Behavior!!!! Seriously!!! I have 2 other children, that throughout their entire school journey have never gotten in trouble...period...Cade has been in trouble four times in four weeks...Pray for us..I realize that all children are different, but he is a true challenge...I love him more than anyone will ever know...but he is really getting to me...I am at my wit's end..and am just not sure how to discipline him...We are strong believer's in discipline, and have yet to find one that seems to be working for Mr. Cade....Anyone have a copy of The Strong Willed Child? I think, for the first time in my motherhood experience...I need to read it...and take notes....

My job...I am tired of it...Yes, if you work with me...you heard it correctly...I am tired of night shift...for the most part...I am tired of giving my kids the leftovers, after I have worked all night, and slept 3 hours, and am trying to be there at their important events...whether it be Open House, Football/Soccer games, I try to go...Sleep or not...and I am a grouch...Ask James...He will be honest with you...I am tired of feeling as if I am in a haze...and everything seems louder, and more irritating...I know that is me...but I am just tired of it...I am praying about this...Obviously, my dream is to be a full time photographer...but for now...until we are debt free...which will be in 2013....Yeah us!!! Hopefully sooner, if things work out the way we hope....I will still be working as a nurse....So, I am praying for direction in this area....He will direct me, I know he will....

Enough whining for today...I have lots to do..We are having our Sunday School class over today for a Labor Day picnic...so gonna have some volleyball fun...before heading back in to work tonight...Hope you have a good holiday...Sorry for griping...but I feel better now...=) and that is all that matters....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's terrible about your roof..Just be patient, it will happen..

As far as Labor Day..not a holiday for us either...we have worked everyone for the past 4 years, and still have 2 more years to go...

It could be worse..@ least your on 8 hr? -10 hr? nights..You could have worked 12 hr days..like us..and missed everything, just to come home to clean everything up! See..Now don't ya feel better..haha! We get to spend Thanksgiving & Christmas on day shifts, it's easier on nights @ least you do get to spend time with your family..some of the day, and work while they are sleeping!

BethAnne said...

Yeah, the garage needs a roof, but I think it is awesome that you guys are saving the money instead of going in debt for it.
Doesnt it make you mad when your kids get into trouble at school? Lake has never gotten into any "big" trouble, but he does have a problem keeping quiet. I guess he gets it honest, I never brought home a report card that didnt have an unsatisfactory mark on "controls talking". As far as the job, I used to have a job that I hated so I can soooo sympathize. The Lord will either make it better or get you out of there -- I am praying He will show off for you very soon.

We have been saying we need to get together for lunch - I think we should actually do it this time and we eat while we gripe about what needs to be done at each of our houses. hahahahhahaa ;-)

Tanja said...

I felt bad after we talked about C. in the church parking lot Sunday. You know that S. challenges every parenting thought I have. I read my neighbor's copy of the The Stong Willed Child. I think I need to re-read it. I hold on to the hope that one day these children will be productive citizens who, most importantly, love Jesus. Cade is a good boy. He's just finding his place. It will settle. I'll be praying for you!

Leeann said...

I'm glad to hear other mommies gripe. Makes me feel less alone and whiny! :)