Tuesday, October 28, 2008

God CAN Move Mountains

James and I have had a situation come up in our lives that has required a lot of prayer on our parts. Sometimes God just speaks to us. It really is hard for some people to believe that God can do that...God laid something on James' heart this weekend, and it was huge. Sometimes God will ask us to do things that we don't understand. This is a personal family situation...Not something that could be "blogged about" specifics...But just know...God is working. I know that. I always have. But this weekend, he showed my family. I wish I could sit here and write out all the details , just so others could see how amazing this story it. But that isn't what I logged on here to do.
He made so many things possible this weekend...for us to just up and travel over 9 hours to visit with a hurting family member....my work situation was taken care of, Jame's work was, we had football practice taken care of, plus my parents kept our kids for us. All within an hour of making this desicion...God opened every door-for us to go...a good friend even let us borrow their GPS...amazing. I am so blessed by my christian friends...you guys know who you are...and I love you.
In an attempt to explain where I am going...James and I have been praying for a family member. This weekend, God laid it on James' heart to go and visit them. And share what God had laid on James' heart. He was obedient. A difficult thing to do. But he did. I love him for that. After this weekend, I KNOW that God CAN move Mountains...and does everyday. We were praying in the car, trying to make desicions as to how to handle this situation...and the following song came on the radio.....
Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My god is mighty to save,
He is mighty to save
Forever author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave
o take me as you find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything that I believe in
Now I surrender (and I surrender)
I know this post may seem like a lot of rambling...but even though our prayers may not be answered when we want...or the way we want....He is there. Listening. Loving us. He knows what is best for us. We don't. I was thinking today, in the Bible, when Lazarus was sick, and dying. His family and friends begged Jesus to save him. Not to let him die. But Jesus had a plan. Way bigger than our little minds can comprehend. He let Lazarus die. But only to bring him back to life. How Awesome is that. He wants us to turn to him. In ALL things. And that is what we have to do. In everything.
Missing blogging, but simply growing closer to my God. Everyday. Love you guys. Will be back soon.....=)
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome God we serve! He can move mountains, we just have to get out of the way! What a great example you guys are for being obedient. Glad your home...missed you!
love you!
me

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post. Just beautfil. I love reading your blog Cassie. Your honesty is refreshing and love is so apparent :) And that song is one of my favorites!!!
Anna Lehnert Davidow

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post. Just beautfil. I love reading your blog Cassie. Your honesty is refreshing and love is so apparent :) And that song is one of my favorites!!!
Anna Lehnert Davidow

MaryBeth said...

I'm just catching up on my blog reading this evening. I had to comment about how awesome this song is, and for me it always seems to play on the radio at the exact moment when I need to hear it most! Loved the Halloween costumes too, by the way!!