Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pray without Ceasing...

That was the title of our Sunday School lesson this past Sunday.....and it really made me think...HOW do we pray without ceasing? What if we prayed like Christ? How much our lives could be changed if we did this....Jesus prayed that we would be united....ONE. He didn't pray that there would be a simple "majority" of christians on board for the revolution of grace he was about to fuel with his own blood....He prayed for his followers to be ONE. Wow...
John 17:9-12 "I pray for them.I am not praying for the world but for those You have given Me, because they are Yours. All my things are Yours and Yours are Mine, and I have been glorified in them. I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, protect them by Your name that You have given Me, so that they may be one as We are one."
When we pray, things begin to change, not only in the things we pray for, but also in the one voicing the prayers. Jesus placed more importance on unity among His disciples than He did on their physical protection. He makes unity seem kind of important, don't you think?
The amazing truth of this concept is that Jesus is praying for you. He's intereceding on our behalf before the Father. We have someone who is on our side. He's been were we are, He's seen the inside of the coffin. He's felt the searing heat of betrayal. He's the ultimate champion of life's everythingness...And he's in it with us...We find our identity in Christ when He rinses our lives with truth....(From Bible Studies for Life-Winter 2008-2009)
Amazing words...My goal for my life is to begin praying more often. I want to "Pray without Ceasing..." in my everyday life....and see God's hand begin to move in our lives. A relationship with Him...that is what it is all about...
Have a blessed week....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME POST!

LOVE YOU!
ME

BethAnne said...

Amen! Preach it sister!