Friday, January 29, 2010

The Tree

So far 2010 has been a little rough for the Allen family...almost broke my ankle-which included a midnight ER visit, James has been dealing with some abdominal pain for the past 5-6 weeks, and now is scheduled for gall bladder removal surgery on February 9th-and to top it all off~a tree fell on our house this past Sunday night...and did quite a bit of damage...there are numerous holes, broken trusses, the eave of the house completely off+James' truck had a considerable amount of damage to it...$3000 to be exact...
Sometimes when all of these things are going on around us, it is so hard to see the silver lining to all of these "clouds" that seem to be surrounding us right now....but I know, and James knows that God is in control, and we are in HIS hands....God allows for us to go through difficult times in our lives ONLY to make us stronger, and to grow closer to him. I have been spending a lot of time watching and reading about all of the devastation that has happened in Haiti-due to the earthquake. and their situation is SO horrible. We do have food to eat, roofs over our heads and heat to stay warm, water to drink. We are blessed beyond measure. Sometimes it is so easy to get that "woe is me" attitude....but I know that God has a plan for us. I can't tell you now WHY these things have happened, all at once, but I know that with FAITH all things are possible. My God is in control, and that is what gives me peace.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lilypad Mom said...

I'm glad no one was hurt when that tree fell! Hopefully this is all of the bad stuff for 2010, you are just getting it all out of the way early.