Saturday, September 8, 2007

Arlington Cemetary

Ian, Tariq, Macey, Cade and Isabella getting ready to board the Metro headed for Washington D.C. So EXCITED! I was trying to tell Kristie not to take my picture, but she proceeded to do so anyway. . So I thought---What the Heck!! I will blog this "wonderful" shot of me making a lovely face!
I thought this was pretty cool. . the trees seemed to frame the Washington Monument...

We drove to Fredericksburg last night to stay with Ali and Kristie. We got in late due to a "Mapquest Mishap"--too long of a story to blog!!! So we stayed in a motel last night--when we got in at 3 am. . . .Anyway, this morning we hopped on the Metro and went to Arlington Cemetary. . Ian wanted to see the changing of the guard.
The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. . .He is very interested in the military, and loves History!!! He really enjoyed learning about our nation's history. We had a great day...but the kids are exhausted and already asleep. We are going to the Smithsonian tomorrow to see "Night at the Museum"--as Cade says. . . and then off to see BLAKE LEWIS!!! at the AMERICAN IDOL ON TOUR !!!! Happy Birthday Kristie!!!! Tomorrow is her bday!!!

No comments: