Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

One of the mom's at Macey's Thanksgiving at school made this dessert. It was SO good. I am going today to buy the ingredients to make this one. . . Just thought I would share. . .It is a Paula Dean recipe, so you know it has to be good. Believe me!! If you like pumpkin pie, gingerbread and cool whip. . YUMMY!!!! Can't wait to try it out on my family. . . . .
Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5.1-ounce) box cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional

Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.

1 comment:

~cassie~ said...

I have never commented on my own blog, but I wanted to let everyone know that I made this dessert and it is YUMMY!!!!! Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. . .I love it when I make something and it is a hit!