Friday, November 9, 2007

Rough Day

I work night shift(as many of you know) and got home this morning only to find out that my little man has been sick, vomiting all night long. What a wonderful thing to come home to. . . : ( I have been up for the past 20 hours, and now get to stay up to take care of my youngest. I know that he needs his mom, and I should be glad to be here to care for him. There is a point when exhaustion takes over though. I was almost in tears, when James told me what had been going on. He has had a dose of Phenergan, and was sleeping soundly--for the time being. So I quickly got the other 2 kids ready for school, and called my mom to see if she would take them to school--so I didn't have to wake Cade up. . . She saved the day, once again! About 8 am Cade woke up and was FINE!!!! Wanting to drink some Sprite, eat , and play. . .I can't believe it. . . This is the 4th time Cade has done this in the past 3 weeks. . .Vomited, numerous times, and then wakes up fine. . . Needless to say, I am sitting here waiting on the Doctor's office to call me back. . . I don't feel that this is a viral thing. . .No body else has gotten sick, and he keeps complaining of his neck "burning". . . I am pre-diagnosing him with GERD(Gastroesophogeal Reflux Disease). Macey had this and was on medicine for it when she was in Kindergarten. . . so I guess we will see. . .But sitting here in the den, watching Cade, no one would ever know he was sick last night, there are cars, markers, chicken-noodle soup drippings all over the coffee table. . He appears to be good to go. . .Wanting more to eat!!! While I am still sleep deprived. . .but at least my little one is feeling better. . .

No comments: