Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, Here it is already 2008. . . Time flies when you are having fun. . . I worked on my previous post yesterday and was amazed at how much the kids have changed in a year's time. They grow up so quickly. But tonight, while I am at work, I was thinking about posting a few "resolutions". I am not going to post the "typical" lose weight, ect. Even though that is at the top of my list! But my list of resolutions is a little different this year.
1. Be the best parent I can be.
2. Be the best wife I can be.
3. Be sure to include God in all of my desicion making.
4. Pray ALL the time-not just in a time of need.
5. Read my Bible daily or more often if needed
6. Envision my children 20 years from now when I make desicions concerning their lives. I read this quote in a book I am reading right now, " We are apt to forget that children watch examples better than they listen to preaching."
These goals are big goals that will be not the easiest ones to keep, I am sure. But definately things that I have been thinking about. I want my relationship with God to be the best it can be. I think that with this as a goal, my other goals will be much easier to accomplish.
As far as our New Year's festivities go. . . I am at work, James is home sick with 3 kids. Remember him in your prayers. He is really congested, and has been having to use an inhaler. He doesn't feel well at all. I think he will be heading to the doctor tomorrow, if we can find one that is open. Well, let's work a little bit. . . Hope you have a wonderful New Year's!!!

No comments: