Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Birthday Books

I purchased three of these Birthday books back in the summer with intentions of scrapbooking one for each of my children. The concept is to do one page in the album of each birthday from the first birthday to the twenty-first birthday, and then this album is a gift to the child. Well, I got started on Ian's last weekend (during our sickness weekend) and here is a peek of what I have done so far. . .I can NOT believe my baby is going to be in middle school this year. . .This project has made me get a little emotional, to say the least. . . . (and yes!! those really awesome cakes that you see in these pictures, I made! I used to have a cake decorating hobby that I quickly got over) Look how little he is. . .It seems like just yesterday he was sucking his thumb just like this picture. . .

I made both of these cakes. . . (hope to be that skinny again soon)The crocodile cake was a work of art. . I made the teeth out of white chocolate chips, and the "sand" that he is laying in is brown sugar. . . I remember "Spidey" coming to this party. . . It was a huge success. . .I will have to hunt one of those pics up and post it just for Matthew and Jerica!!! Remember that guys??? Matthew dressed up as Spider man and was the "hit" of the party. . . .

No comments: