Sunday, February 3, 2008

Is Spring almost here?

We have had a yucky weekend. . .aside from me working all weekend, and being slightly sleep deprived. Cade has been really sick...AGAIN. . . I made the mistake a month or so ago when I made the statement about how healthy the kids have been this winter. . . It has went downhill since then. . .We spent the most of the day on Saturday at the after hours clinic-after working a night shift on Friday night-sleeping about 2 hours-this wasn't my idea of fun. We had to wait in the waiting room for what seemed like forever. . and Cade was so sick. One "sick puppy". . . I had to hold him and carry him the entire time we were there. His fever has been running 103 and 104 since Friday evening. . . so I decided to suck it up and take him to the doctor. I usually wait and wait before making the desicion to go to the doctor. I hate to go and pay a $20 copay for someone to tell me it's a virus. But this time, I knew Cade was sick. He felt horrible. He got the enjoyment of having a metal wire shoved down his nose to be tested for the flu, a throat culture, and to be stuck for lab work. The sad thing was he felt so bad, none of this bothered him very much. Our results are + mycoplasma, or as some call it, walking pneumonia. . . So back to the pharmacy for more medication. . . I feel like I give this child more medicine. . .we have a pharmacy in our kitchen. . .all for Cade. . .He is now on Biaxin 2x a day for 10 days(which is the grainy, chalky NASTY medicine that is disgusting!), a prescription strength antihistimine, Nasonex, Singulair, Advair inhaler, and Xeponex inhaler. See? It is ridiculous. . .Hopefully warm weather will come soon. This asthma thing is so much more tolerable in the summer. . . I asked the doctor if he could give me a prescription for coastal living? He laughed, and said That would be a good prescription for all of us, wouldn't it?

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I am so sorry! I hope is a lot better soon!
Love you and Kiss him for me!