Monday, March 3, 2008

I have been tagged....

Well, this is the first time that I have been tagged...so I am excited...doesn't take much...I know...=)
Here are the rules:
List five kind things you do or have done:
A) for yourself,
B) for your spouse, child or closest friend AND
C) for a stranger.
Then tag some other blogging buddies to do the same.
A) For Myself
1. I read my Bible...it is amazing how a bad day can turn into a good one..with God's instruction manual by your side.....
2. I exercise...I joined the Y..in November...and boy do I feel better? So much more energy..and clothes starting to fit better...Not lost lots of pounds...but started the "strict" dieting this week...If I am going to Orlando, and the beach in July...I have 4 months to 'get ready'!!!!
3. We (my husband and I) have date nights...We don't do this near as often as we should, but every month or so, we let the grandparents have the kids, and we go out, or stay in...whichever works for the budget!! Ha!
4. Taking Financial Peace University....this one actually shocks me...As I type it, I realize what an awesome class this is...and how much it is changing our lives...not only financially, but spiritually, and emotionally...Our marriage has been made stronger because of it ...already..and we are only 4 weeks in....Awesome!!!
5. I go on vacations....Vacations are such an important part of our lives...Yes, they are for our family...but they are so NEEDED for me!!! We usually try to take one or 2 a year...and now, yes FPU members, they are a part of our budget!!! I think the time that we as a family get to spend together is priceless...away from home...no mowing, yard work, working, ect to do...Nothing but spend quality time together, playing, laughing, watching movies, eating "in", watching the storms that come upon the beach so quickly...Ahh...I am ready now...

B) For my spouse, child or closest friend
1) For my spouse, I am trying to stop "nagging" about getting things done around the house, working so much overtime, ect....I love you honey...I am not sure if you can tell, but I am seriously working on this one...for you =)
2) For my children, I fix breakfast for dinner....Who says you have to eat pancakes, eggs, and bacon only in the morning?? When we switch it up--they love it! There are so many things in my life that I do for the 3 precious kids that God has given me....I can't only name 5...I stay up late and clean up vomit, I wipe runny noses, I give breathing treatments,I am sleep deprived, I work night shifts, I work part time to be home most of the time, sacrifice the "best", I go to the doctor's office, I go to any kind of ball game that you can name, I go to choir programs, I put up with a very messy house(and I wouldn't change that for anything), I drive a van, I play Hannah Montana on the radio, I watch Disney, I play board games, I play Wii, I help with homework, I call out spelling words, I cook dinner, I do laundry( and LOTS OF IT!)I buy toys, I spend lots of money on lunches and medications...I cry..I laugh...I love...They are the Best thing that ever came into my life...and I live to do for them....
3)Ok, after that..I forgot I still have 2 more....For my friends, I listen...without judging...I try to help them out if they need it, I pick their kids up from school, fix them a meal if they are sick, call them to check on them, Pray for them and their children, I try to be the friend that I would want, I support them, I love them....My friends are so special in my life...Couldn't get through it, without my sisters in Christ!! Love you all!
4)Another thing I do for James is I mow the yard...In the summer it is one of my favorite things to do...get some good sun, and James can come home and spend time with the family without having to get outside and work....
5)For my friends at work, I have changed my schedule around to help them out...When you do something nice for someone like that at work...9 times out of 10 the favor is returned....
I think I got a little carried away on that one...This really makes you think...how much we really do for others....and last but not least....

C)For a Stranger
1) Let them out if they are trying to pull onto the highway....
2)Help them if they are struggling with bags, ect at a shopping mall...
3)Let them borrow my cell phone, if they are having car trouble (just did that last week)
4)Give them a compliment...Sometimes that is difficult to do, but other times it is so easy....
5)Give them medical advise...I guess this one is a gimme...but considering I work at a Nursing Call Center, I give strangers medical advise on a regular basis.....

Now, time to tag someone else....Bethanne, Amie, and Melanie...Have fun girls!

4 comments:

Tanja said...

These are great! I mow, too, for Bruce. Makes more family time with daddy. And, yes, I do it for the tan time, too. And on Thursdays, when Bruce has school and I don't feel like cooking, we do lots of breakfast meals for supper. The kids think it is a huge treat, but I just think it's a nice break. I just found myself nodding in agreement constantly while reading yours... FPU and how it works in a marriage, family vacations away from everything that normally hounds us. But you'll never make me believe that your house gets messy. It's just not in me to think that of you!

~cassie~ said...

You would be surprised!!!Just don't open any closets if you come by! Ha! But it makes me smile, to know you think I am that on top of the house "mess"...Keep believing! Have a great evening...Need anything..holler!!

BethAnne said...

Guess what we are having for dinner tonight? You guessed it - breakfast. Lake has a basketball game tonight and its the quickest thing to fix.
I promise to list my 5 things (x3) soon. Hopefully by tomorrow!
Glad you have had such a productive day (I am cleaning tomorrow while it storms ;-) - well at least that is what I am telling myself!)

Melanie said...

OHHH!!! How exciting...This will be my first tag!! ;o)
It really amazes me how much alike we are!!!! We need to live closer!