Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"S" is for.....

Right now I am sleep deprived...so I am thinking that is a good word for the letter "S"...Sleep deprived....sleepy....sleeplessness...All of the above...Working a straight night shift job has it's advantages and it's disadvantages....James or I are the only ones that ever watch our children...That is the reason I work the way I do....But so much of the time, I am tired, grumpy, have a headache, ect....The things that happen to your body when you don't get the sleep that it requires....I know that this way of life is just going to be for a season...but sometimes, I wonder how much longer? Sometimes, I dream about being "normal" and going to bed when all of the other people I know go to bed....instead I am leaving to go to work....My kiddos are so worth it though...I get to go to the class parties...the field trips...the ball games...the school programs...just show up for lunch with them one day....Maybe I am tired and have a hard time getting myself to get to these functions, due to the lack of sleep...but I do get to go...so I don't want to sound like I am complaining...but I just think that the sleeplessness gets to you....I know I could have to work full time, 5 days a week, and I am thankful for being blessed with my job, and my schedule that couldn't better fit my needs....James and I have set some big goals...One is to become Debt Free, which we are on our way....and the second goal I have is to stay at home....I would love to devote 100% of my time to my family...I think just writing this post made me feel better about this situation....I have said before Blogging is therapy for me...Helps to get your thoughts on paper....

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34

My God is big...He knows what my life holds, and the lives of my precious family....So for now, this Steven Curtis Chapman song comes to mind....
Saddle up your Horses....
Started out this morning in the usual way
Chasing thoughts inside my head of all I had to do today
Another time around the circle try to make it better than the last
I opened up the Bible and I read about me
Said I'd been a prisoner and God's grace had set me free
And somewhere between the pages it hit me like a lightning bolt
I saw a big frontier in front of me and I heard somebody say "let's go"!
[Chorus:]Saddle up your horses we've got a trail to blaze
Through the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace
Let's follow our leader into the glorious unknown
This is a life like no other - this is The Great Adventure

1 comment:

BethAnne said...

I can't imagine having to work all night. I would be the most hateful woman in the world the next day. Even though I know it is hard, one day when they are older, your kids will really appreciate what you have sacrificed (sleep, sanity, etc ;-) for them. Don't you appreciate your mom so much more now that you are older? I know I do.
Remember what P31 says

"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."

In a few years when they understand all you have done for them they will "arise and call you blessed". I know you are a great mom - your children are blessed to have been born to you!!!