Sunday, March 9, 2008

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a busy one for me...James had to work a shut down, and I had to work Friday night...so I was left watching the children with no sleep to amount to anything...We celebrated with James family on Friday, James' mom's 63rd Birthday...

We went out with friends for dinner on Saturday night...and the food was so good...After eating at home all week, eating out has turned into a treat....and that it was...We ate at O'Charley's, and their potato soup is heavenly.....I love it....Yummy...After dinner, we went home and just put on our warm pj's and laid on the couch....When I opened my eyes, it was midnite....Can you believe it??? We were absolutely exhausted....so we carried all the kiddos to bed, and climbed in bed ourselves....

James was up and gone to work before we even woke up on Sunday morning....So I got up quietly and attempted to do a few things on my own before the children awoke....First on my list was coffee....with coconut creamer....We got ready and made it to church on time...which was good for me...considering I was doing it alone this morning....I was happy with that....I had already informed my children that we were eating at home today....and everyone was fine with that...For those of you who don't know, we are doing Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University...and one of the ways we are saving money...is NOT eating out very often....So the kids begged me to make egg sandwiches...that is funny because just 1 week ago, none of them had ever had an egg sandwich...So that is what we had for lunch, and animal crackers for dessert....and they were yummy....This afternoon, I played around on the Ultimate Blog Party, and then did some work on editing a few photo sessions that I am behind on...I should be finished with those in a couple of days, guys, I promise.....

Tonight at church, we had a business meeting for a proposed building plan...after the meeting, discussion, and vote...We are going to proceed with the Building process...That is so exciting...It was 92% which is phenomenal...I am so excited about what God is getting ready to do at our church....His hand is in this, and He is going to do great things....I know it....

After church, we had a Mexican Fiesta ( a social where everyone brought their fav Mexican dish) which was a big success...We got to try lots of yummy Mexican dishes...and had a great time with our friends....

After church, Daniel and Tina, good friends or ours, invited us over to play Domino's...I hadn't ever played before, but I had a great time...It was a really fun game, and I loved the company...Kevin and Christy were there too, and we laughed and laughed....There were lots of funny things about the game, but the funniest was Kevin trying to match the colors...(FYI-The purpose of the game is to match the NUMBER of dots....not the color...Too funny!! Love you Kevin!!! We really do!!) Before we realized it, it was 10 o'clock, and we had to head out...Kid's have school in the morning...Poohey...We will have to pick this game up another time, when we have more time....You guys may make a game player out of me after all!!!! Thanks Tina for inviting us!! We had a great time...Can't wait to do it again!!! Love you guys! Well, this has been lots of randomness...but I got all of my weekend festivities in one post....=) Yay, me! Well, eyes are crossing again...time to hit the sack...Good night...

3 comments:

BethAnne said...

That is the same kind of weekend we had. I call them 'hanging out' weekends. They are the best kind! I feel your pain with the hubs working on the weekend (although mine does it very often). I cant, however, imagine taking care of my kids with no sleep. I have found in my old age :-) that I need my beauty rest. Well, it isnt really beauty rest anymore - it is just necessary for me to function. My four year old got in our bed at 3 am this morning (bad dream) and kept us awake the rest of the night. Yuck!

Fran said...

Sounds like a blast!!! I'm tired reading it too. :)

Hope you are having a great Monday!
Blessings~
Fran

Anonymous said...

You will have to play Chicken Feet..with Domino's of course, match the same # of dots, with the same color, you can go off the sides, which in the end,ends up looking like a chicken's foot! Its really fun, we play it alot when camping...