Monday, April 7, 2008

A Blessing

I couldn't help but share this little blessing that happened to me this weekend....I was sitting at home on Friday evening, when someone knocked at my door...it was one of my good friends..and she said she needed to talk to me about something...No sooner than she had knocked on the door, my phone had rang, and it was Ian telling me the bus had broken down...I had to run and get him...He was just a few streets away...so my friend offered to stay with Cade, while I made a quick emergency "pick-up"...
When I got back home....She told me, that she had been shopping...She proceeded to tell me that she was so proud of James and I for doing so well on our budget and how we were taking our Financial Peace class so seriously ( I tell everyone we meet we are taking this class-great testimony!) Anyway, I was talking to her the other night about how I hadn't bought anything for myself..and it was KILLING me...just "girl talk" you know....nothing more =) She handed me a bag, and said "this is for you"....I was so surprised...I opened the bag, and this is what was in it....The cutest crocs, I think I have ever seen!!! I love crocs! Those of you who know me well, also realize that these are my favorite color also!! Pink and Chocolate brown!! Tears came to my eyes...I am truly blessed...Friends that love the Lord, and mean the world to me...and encourage me when I need it...Believe me, I need encouraging a lot!! =)
Thank you Lord for blessing me and my family...thank
you for placing the friends that I have in my life....Thank you for putting
us in this Financial Peace class...and for allowing us to learn the things
that we have put into action...Our God is Good! All the time!
It is going to be a beautiful day outside today....Sunshine makes me happy!=)

5 comments:

BethAnne said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! That is one GREAT friend! (does she need any other friends? because there is this pair of Chaco's at Mahoneys I have been wanting but am too cheap to buy) hahaha just kidding.

That is wonderful. Isn't it funny the ways that God blesses us when we obey Him? He doesn't hesitate to show up and show off when we depend on Him for everything.

I got chills reading that. You are blessed to have that person as a friend..........

Nicole said...

True friends are priceless...

Anonymous said...

Those are so adorable...and the Hottest Color of the Season! and I agree with Nicole True Friends are Priceless.....God sends friends our way, especially when we need them....

Fran said...

What an awesome friend you have!!
We should all be more like her when we are able to be.

God honors and blesses your obedient heart! And, the legacy you will leave your children will be so valuable too.

Have a great day!
Fran

Jennifer said...

Very Sweet!
I hope you gave that friend a big gigantic HUG!!