Monday, January 5, 2009

Back To Life

Back to Reality...Well, it is so hard for me to believe that 2008 is behind us-and we are sitting here facing a new year-2009. Christmas break is over, and the kids head back to school in the morning...We have all enjoyed our time off together...Watching movies, playing games, spending time with friends, and just being together....=) I have been thinking a lot about the New Year and the "resolutions" that we all tend to make. This year, I am not going to make any "formal resolutions....But there are some things that I would like to do..Such as.... I do want to grow closer to my Lord. I want to remember to put Him first in all that I do. I want to pray more. I want to have a better attitude. I want to teach my children to do the same. I want to be a better mommy. I want to be a better wife. I want to be a devoted friend. I want to spend more time in God's word. I want to follow God's will for my life. Whatever that may be. I have been doing some soul-searching. I know that He has something in store for me, I just haven't quite figured it out yet. Still praying. Still Listening. My wish for this new year is to spend it loving my family. spending time with our special friends. Growing closer to my Lord. Daily. =)

I think it is sad that the little guys head back to school tomorrow, but all good things must come to an end...We can just count down the days to the next "break"...=) I guess....I personally am ready for summer...Once Christmas is over, I am done. Ready for some sunshine, blue skies, and warm weather....I guess I am just dreaming. considering it is only Jan. 5. Well, hope everyone has a blessed week...Remember today is the first Monday of 2009-make it a good one! God Bless.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep listening Cassie. He'll tell you when the time is right. You are doing the right thing by being patient, keeping still and listening. Stay in his Word. You will know it when he tells you. I will keep praying for you!

Love you much!
ME

BethAnne said...

Those are all my resolutions as well. The patiently listening and waiting is the part I am usually not really good at ;-).
Lake goes back tomorrow --- it makes me so sad to see the fun end. Spring Break here we come!

annavolpt said...

Hey Cassie :) Thanks for your comment on my blog..feels good to "be back" :) Ok-I have a random question for you since you are my 'blog idol"....how the heck do I change the background on this thing???????? Somehow, when I tried to change it, i ended up with a mish-mash of background wallpaper. Help!!!! :)

Lilypad Mom said...

I'm with you, I'd be happy with 1 month of winter. I like snow in December for Christmas, but after that I'm ready for summer again.