Friday, September 25, 2009

10 Things: Capturing Me Right Now

I got this off of another blog that I read...but I thought it was such a good idea-so here goes....

1. This time of year is usually a hard time for me...I am a warm weather girl...so the blues tend to come around when fall is here..I am trying a few different things this year to try and make it through this season...Hoping for positive outcomes....=)

2. I can't get motivated...my house is a mess, and I just don't seem to care...I have got to get some weight off...working on that one...slow, but sure...both of these are also related to number 1

3. I have started a new job...and am actually happy with it...I didn't think I could find something better than the job I had at the call center...but getting back into the hospital setting, and having contact with some very special patients...and been nothing but a blessing to me...My God knows what I need...and I am so glad...

4. Planning a beach trip for our family this fall break...First week of October...This is the first time we have ever went this time of year...but we are planning on doing nothing, chilling out, watching movies, playing games, playing and walking on the beach...of course a family photo shoot...fishing, bike riding, just being together....I need it...James needs it...and I know the kids need it...We can't wait....

5. Searching for God's will...not sure what his plan for me is...but I am praying, reading my Bible, and searching...Listening is the hard part...but I am trying to do that too....

6. Joined the choir at my church after coming home from NYC this summer...and it has been nothing but a blessing...Love it...

7. Ian is in middle school...and dealing with some "middle school issues"...Praying for him, and just sitting back and watching him grow into a young man...I am so proud of him, and just am amazed at how he is maturing right before my eyes....

8. Cade is in speech class at school...I had a difficult time with that...but I agreed to put him in the class, and have been surprised by his excitement over going...and can see some progress in his speech already...He is wide open all the time...and tends to "wear me out"....

9. Macey is doing well in school, playing competitive soccer, and taking dance...She loves soccer, and is doing better with each practice....Dance is her favorite extracurricular activity...other than modeling...We are planning our summer next year already...and looking forward to living in NYC again...going to stay longer next year...So proud of her...can't wait to see the Children's Place ads...that should be out soon...

10. We still don't have a roof on our garage...Praying about that one...Not sure how/when we will finish that ongoing project...wanting it to be done...now...

Hope everyone has a great weekend...God bless...
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cassie! So good to hear about your family. Sounds like you guys have a lot to be thankful for. :) Sorry we lost touch for so long. I didn't expect being "grown-up" to be so crazy did you? lol I have 3 boys 3,5 and 9. I homeschool and that pretty much takes all of my time. Your photography is beautiful! What a fun hobby. I've never been to NYC, but always wanted to go. If you need someone to go with you I'm in! haha
Julie :)