Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Five-A Perfect Number

I sit here listening to Macey and Cade playing with a beach ball that they got at the beach last week....throwing it to each other, knocking things over, and laughing themselves silly....James is reading on the computer, and I am on my laptop....that is 4.....Ian is on a mission trip with our church youth group....in Savannah...and for this week of our lives, our family just doesn't seem complete.....It's funny how something as simple as one child being gone changes the dynamic of your family so much....We miss him, but are also very proud of him....for going to share God's love with those who are less fortunate....

As our summer comes to a close, I have been thinking about where each our children are in their lives....and it makes me sad to think about how fast they are growing up...Where does the time go?

Ian will be 13 in August...8th grade....He got braces this summer, and it makes him look so much older...He is as tall as me, and he already wears a bigger shoe than I do...I know, that's not saying a whole lot, but it's the point ;) I remember him sucking his thumb, and holding on to James' ear...He loves soccer, football, wrestling...anything that is competitive....School work on the other hand...we won't even discuss...He has a big heart-He loves others-and I am so proud of who he has become....God is going to use him. I just know it.

Macey will be 11 in September...6th grade....Middle School? Seriously? That can't be...She is so excited...Full of energy, self confidence, and leadership....She knows what she wants, and when she wants it...She loves acting, and modeling....and she Dreams BIG! Her red curly hair is always tangled, and freckles are covering her face this summer....Her room is a disaster, most of the time, I can't even see the floor....but she loves her family-and prays for them daily....

Cade just turned 7...2nd grade.....He is a mess...Always into something...Has boo boos all over his body...bike wrecks, falls, you name it....He climbs furniture, jumps onto everything...never sits still....I seriously don't know where he gets his energy.....Had to meet with his teacher the first week of kindergarten because of "agressive" behavior....But he does care for others, he worries about his "Sissy" and he just told me the other day that he "was so glad he wasn't an only child"....Hee hee....He is growing up too fast...He asked Jesus into his heart this past year...and he Loves his family...

Summer is my favorite time of year...no schedules, playing, fun, beach, ocean and sand...Together time...and no one else can compete with that...no ball practices, homework, or projects due....I have 9 days left...and I am going to enjoy every minute....God is good...all the time =)

No comments: