Friday, August 10, 2007

Cade's First Day of School


Cade was a little apprehensive this morning when I got him up to get ready for his first day of preschool. . .but with a little "cheering up" he was ready to go. Ian and Macey helped me so much by telling him how much fun he was going to have, and what all he would get to do. By the time we got into the van, he was smiling from ear to ear. . . One of the things about Preschool at Jefferson is the drop off. We are not allowed to get out and take him in to the class. Mrs. Fuller comes to the car, and gets him. I was afraid that this would be hard for him. But when he saw Mrs. Fuller, he undid his seatbelt and hopped right out of the car!!! He carried his bookbag(which he gets to paint today) and his school supplies like a little man! He told me he could carry both of them because "he was strong". . . I am so proud of him. . .and Ian and Macey too. . because they were so good at encouraging him this morning. . I can't wait to pick him up to see what a great day he had. . . .Mrs. Fuller handed me a little kleenex package that had a poem attatched to it. . .this is what it said

"Leaving your child is hard to do.
It's something we want to help you through.
Here are some tissues for your tears.
Also, let them wipe away your fears.
Be assured, we'll give your child care and love.
We've asked for help from God above."

Mrs. Fuller and Mrs. Kerns


Didn't cry until I read that, and it pushed me over the edge!!! She is so thoughtful. . .I wouldn't send Cade to preschool 5 days a week with any other teacher!!! Thank you Lord for an easy transition this morning. .God is good. =)

No comments: