Wednesday, January 9, 2008

If You Give a Mom a Muffin

I read this on one of my fellow bloggers sites. . . It is an awesome devotion. . that really spoke to me. It is a little long but well worth it. I don't know about you all, but this is ME!! I am always busy, busy, busy. . .doing one thing after another. . . This poem really makes you stop and think that God is always here in our lives. . . even when we are running around like crazy. Hope you enjoy this one as much as I did.

banana nut muffin

"IF YOU GIVE A MOM A MUFFIN"

This is what was written in the original....
If you give a mom a muffin,
She'll want a cup of coffee to go with it.
She'll pour herself some.
The coffee will get spilled by her 3 year old.
She will wipe it up. Wiping the floor,
she will find some dirty socks, She'll remember she has some laundry.
When she puts the laundry in the washer,
She will trip over some snow boots and bump into the freezer.
Bumping into the freezer will remind her she has to plan for supper tonight.
She will get out a pound of hamburger She'll look for her cookbook.
(101 things to Make with a Pound of Hamburger)The cookbook is sitting under a pile of mail. She will see the phone bill which is due tomorrow. She will look for her checkbook.
The checkbook is in her purse that is being dumped out by a two year old.
She'll smell something funny. She'll change the two year old.
While she is changing the two year old the phone will ring (OF
COURSE) Her five year old will answer it and hang up.
She remembers that she wants to phone a friend to come for coffee on Friday.
Thinking of coffee will remind her that she was going to have a cup.
She will pour herself some. And chances are, If she"s has a cup of coffee,
Her kids (or husband:)) will have eaten the muffin that went with it!


Sound like anyone you know?? I live the life of perpetual motion...moving from one thing to another, just to realize when I get to the next thing, there is ANOTHER thing that I need to do...As I read this again, I realized something....something was missing...and that was the side conversations with God...Those conversations that we need to have with the Almighty throughout the day! Now, if you have a moment...read some of it again...WITH GOD to go along with it...Here are a few that I came up with.(and just for the record..I can't recite Nehemiah in the midst of my daily chaos...mine is much more ad~lib...:))



If you give a mom a muffin, She'll want a cup of coffee to go with it. She'll pour herself some.

Nehemiah 8:10 Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

The coffee will get spilled by her 3 year old. She will wipe it up.

James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, He is the one who stands with us through the chaos of our lives...

Wiping the floor, she will find some dirty socks, She'll remember she has some laundry. When she puts the laundry in the washer,
Psalm 51:2Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

She will trip over some snow boots and bump into the freezer. Bumping into the freezer will remind her she has to plan for supper tonight.She will get out a pound of hamburger She'll look for her cookbook. (101 things to Make with a Pound of Hamburger)

Psalm 132:15 I will bless her with abundant provisions; her poor will I satisfy with food.

The cookbook is sitting under a pile of mail. She will see the phone bill which is due tomorrow. She will look for her checkbook.
Romans 4:4 -5 Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him

as She remembers that she wants to phone a friend to come for coffee on Friday.

Proverbs 17:17A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Thinking of coffee will remind her that she was going to have a cup. She will pour herself some. And chances are, If shes has a cup of coffee, Her kids (or husband:)) will have eaten the muffin that went with it!

Psalm 23:5 - 6You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

I need to focus my days on allowing HIM into my routine...not forgetting to PRAY UNCEASINGLY,"to not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
It's in those daily tasks and mundane chores that the messages and glory of God can enter into my Spirit and change me, my day and my outlook on life! Girls, it's found in the details of life!In the hamburger meat, (if we are looking!!) HE IS THERE!!I have resolved this New Year to commit to NOTICING HIM in the details of my life. I know He'd LOVE to hear from me, not just in those quiet still moments...but in the chaos that is often our lives.
Father,In the busyness of what can be a noisy and chaotic life, you are ALWAYS there...Ready to teach and reveal something to me...Help me each day to embrace this life, these days on earth and the chaos and joy that surrounds them.Thank you for these days.Help me Father to see you...to not be blinded simply because I did not take the time to notice.I know that you are always there...ready to teach me something ~(even in the hamburger meat)Continue Father to show me what YOU want me to see.In Jesus' name I pray~amen~

No comments: